Pages

Wednesday 16 May 2018

A Totoro Koda Bag, with Cork Fabric

Hi! I bought some Totoro fabric panels a while ago, without much of a plan for them, but they were cute... I also had some cork fabric that I'd been hoarding - I was a bit scared of using it, because it's pricy so I didn't want to waste it, and also because I wasn't sure if it would be difficult to use. But the Totoro panel looked lovely against the cork, and the panel was also the right size for the Koda bags I've been making, so I decided to bite the bullet and try making a cork Koda bag!

And now I am completely in love with cork. It feels so soft, and although it's thick I didn't need to use a special foot on my machine, and my denim needle worked fine. It's just lovely to work with, and I love the look and feel of it. I'm so pleased with how this bag turned out, and it's definitely for me - I don't think I could part with it!








This is the Koda Cross Body Bag, a free pattern by Huff 'n Cuffs

Fabric:
Brown cork
Totoro panel
Robert Kaufman turquoise fabric


2 comments:

crafty-stamper said...

Fabulous bag -I wouldn't part with it either
carol x

Debbie said...

nice bag - very cute